July 17, 2021

Celebrating the Feast of the Madonna del Carmine

(L) Makeshift tabletop shrine to Our Lady. (R) Scapular with
Kingdom of the Two Sicilies coat-of-arms pocket square

O Mary, immaculate Queen of Carmel, Mother of God, and my Mother, by my holy Scapular I am entirely thine. Assist me this day, and obtain for me the grace to live faithfully my Scapular consecration, whereby my heart, my mind, my body, my whole being, is thine without reserve, forever. Amen. ~ Daily Act of Consecration

After Mass Friday afternoon, members and friends of the Fratelli della Santa Fede (Brothers of the Holy Faith) returned to Amunì Ristorante (7217 3rd Avenue) in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to celebrate the Feast of the Madonna del Carmine. 


Meant to be a joyous occasion, Pope Francis’ motu proprio restricting the Latin Mass unfortunately put a bit of a damper on our luncheon. 


Thankfully, in addition to chef Dardanello’s delicious Sicilian fare, rehashing the Euros (especially England’s undignified meltdown) helped distract and cheer us up a little. 


Focussing on what's in our control, we are going to continue attending Latin Mass, pray for our priests, and carry on with our myriad devotions and acts of reparation. Needless to say, we’re also going to keep praying for the Pope, in Latin. Madonna del Carmine, ora pro nobis.

Stuffed zucchini blossoms
Carciofi fritti
Caponata con crostini
Insalata di finocchio with fennel, oranges, arugala and lemon dressing
Meatless arancini and crocchè di patate
Pane cunzatu
Milinciani fritta
Panelle with fresh ricotta, caciocavallo and topped with lemon zest
Brioche con gelato