July 25, 2023

Feast of San Cristoforo Martire

San Cristoforo Martire, ora pro nobis
July 25th is the Feast of San Cristoforo Martire, patron saint of pilgrims and travelers. One of the Fourteen Holy Helpers, San Cristoforo is invoked against storms and the plague. Widely venerated across Southern Italy, he is the principal patron of Ricigliano (SA), San Cristoforo (SA), Moscufo (PE), Valguarnera Caropepe (EN), and Giuggianello (LE), among others. 
In celebration, we're posting a prayer to St. Christopher. Pictured is a statue of the Saint carrying the Christ Child from my private makeshift shrine. Evviva San Cristoforo!

Prayer to St. Christopher
Dear Saint Christopher, protect me today in all my travels along the road's way. Give your warning sign if danger is near so that I may stop while the path is clear. Be at my window and direct me through when the vision blurs from out of the blue. Carry me safely to my destined place, like you carried Christ in your close embrace. Amen.