June 18, 2023

Feast of Sant’Efrem di Nisibi

Sant'Efrem di Nisibi, ora pro nobis
June 18th is the Feast of Sant’Efrem di Nisibi (St. Ephrem of Nisibis), fourth century Deacon, Mystic and Doctor of the Church. He is the patron saint of spiritual directors. In celebration, I’m posting a prayer to St. Ephrem. The accompanying photo was taken at St. Ephrem Church (929 Bay Ridge Pkwy.) in Brooklyn, New York. Evviva Sant’Efrem di Nisibi!

Prayer


O glorious Saint Ephrem, harp of the Spirit, filled with compassion for those who invoke you, I kneel at your feet and humbly beg you to take my present need under your special protection and to make your prayer mine:


O Lord, Master of my life, grant that I may not be infected with the spirit of slothfulness and inquisitiveness, with the spirit of ambition and vain talking.


Grant instead to me, your servant, the spirit of purity and of humility, the spirit of patience and neighborly love.


O Lord and King, grant me the grace of being aware of my sins and of not thinking evil of those of my brethren. For you are blessed, now and ever, and forever.


V Most holy Saint Ephrem, pray for us

R That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.


Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be.