September 30, 2022

Triduum in Honor of St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face

My Grandmother's pocket statuette
of the Infant of Prague and the back
of the Society of the Little Flower
membership card with the image
of St. Thérèse of Lisieux
In case you missed the Novena, join us spiritually by privately praying the Triduum (three days of prayer) from Sept. 30th thru Oct. 2nd in preparation for the Feast of St. Thérèse of Lisieux on October 3rd.*

Preparatory Prayer


O Glorious Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower of Jesus, safe refuge of the afflicted and distressed, I, a poor sinner, encouraged by the promises God has made to thee, come to thee today with a firm hope, and I rejoice in the great honor which our Holy Mother the Church, has shown to thee in placing thee amongst the saints of Her altars. I pour forth my prayer to thee; I implore thine aid, thy protection, thy counsel, and thy blessing. Obtain for me, I beseech thee, the intention of this novena (here specify your intention). I ask this favor provided it is not opposed to the Holy Will of God and the welfare of my salvation. Should such, however, be the case, obtain for me such other graces as shall be conducive to the welfare of my soul. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.


Prayer by Pope Benedict XV


O Little Thérèse of the Child Jesus, who during thy short life on earth didst become a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of whole-hearted abandonment to God, now that thou rejoicest in the reward of thy virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in thy hands. Make my troubles thy own — speak a word for me to our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love thou wert — to that Queen of Heaven "who smiled on thee at the dawn of life." Beg her as Queen of the Heart of Jesus, to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life, defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy Eternity. Amen.

* Prayers courtesy of the Carmelite Nuns of Brooklyn