July 19, 2015

Viva Santa Marina!

After Mass, devotees pin donations on to the saint
Photos courtesy of Paul Tocci
Due to matters out of my control I was unable to attend yesterday’s Feast of Santa Marina Vergine in Inwood, Long Island. To say that I’m disappointed is putting it mildly. All year long I've been looking forward to returning to Our Lady of Good Council Church and honoring the beloved patroness of Filandari, Calabria with the good people of the Santa Marina Society. I hope to return next year.
Luckily for us, our dear friend Paul Tocci from the San Rocco Society of Potenza in NYC attended the Mass and shared a few wonderful photos of the procession departing the church. Needless to say, I’m not surprised to hear that he had a terrific time at the feast. The Santa Marina Society are a warm, friendly group of people, and without hesitation I would recommend their celebration to anyone! Thank you Paul for your continued support. Viva Santa Marina!
The color guard depart from the church
With great fanfare, Santa Marina is brought out to the expectant crowd