February 26, 2024

Novena to San Tommaso D'Aquino

San Tommaso D'Aquino, ora pro nobis

Pray novena for nine consecutive days, February 26th — March 6th, in preparation for the feast celebrated on March 7th. Evviva San Tommaso D'Aquino!

Saint Thomas Aquinas, patron of students and schools, I thank God for the gifts of light and knowledge God bestowed on you, which you used to build up the church in love. I thank God, too, for the wealth and richness of theological teaching you left in your writings. Not only were you a great teacher, you lived a life of virtue and you made holiness the desire of your heart. If I cannot imitate you in the brilliance of your academic pursuits, I can follow you in the humility and charity that marked your life. As Saint Paul said, charity is the greatest gift, and is open to all. Pray for me that I may grow in holiness and charity. Pray also for Catholic schools and for all students. In particular, please obtain the favor I ask during this novena. (Mention your request). Amen.

* The accompanying photo was taken at Saint Mary's Church (10-08 49th Avenue) in Long Island City, New York.