January 31, 2024

Feast of San Ciro di Alessandria

San Ciro di Alessandria, ora pro nobis
January 31st is the Feast of San Ciro di Alessandria (Saint Cyrus of Alexandria), Doctor, Hermit and Martyr. Widely venerated across Southern Italy, he is the principal patron of Portici (NA), Vico Equense (NA), Nocera Superiore (SA), Grottaglie (TA) and Marineo (PA), among others. In celebration, we're posting a Prayer to Saint Cyrus. The accompanying photo of San Ciro was taken at Saint Francis of Paola Church (219 Conselyea St.) in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Evviva San Ciro di Alessandria!
Prayer to Saint Cyrus
O Glorious St. Cyrus, Doctor, Martyr and our merciful Patron, I implore your intercession with confidence. Watch with equally pitiful eye my spiritual and physical infirmities. Do not forsake me, listen to the voice of my heart, and give me your help and your protection. Amen.