July 21, 2026

In Memoriam: Burro

 A chess set, brought back from Naples by my dear friend Burro. More than
a souvenir, it remains a cherished reminder of a friendship that helped
shape my life. Every game recalls a brother now greatly missed
Today I remember my dear friend, Burro, who was more like a brother than a friend. Though fifteen years have passed, I still find myself recalling the countless adventures, misadventures, and unforgettable moments we shared. We laughed often, explored widely, and accumulated enough stories for several lifetimes.

Above all, Burro was a devoted husband and loving father to a son and a daughter, whom he cherished beyond measure. That is the legacy that mattered most to him.

In many ways, this blog exists because of the conversations we had, the places we went, and the memories we made together. His friendship helped shape the person I became, and his absence has never truly left me.

Requiescat in pace, my brother. Every time I set those chess pieces upon the board, I think of you. You are remembered, deeply missed, and never forgotten.

~ By Giovanni di Napoli, July 20th, Feasts of Santa Margherita di Antiochia and Sant’Elia