July 29, 2023

Feast of San Lupo di Troyes

San Lupo di Troyes, ora pro nobis
July 29th is the Feast of San Lupo di Troyes (c.383-c.478), monk, wonderworker and Bishop of Troyes. He is renowned for combating Pelagianism in Britain and saving Troyes from Attila the Hun. San Lupo di Troyes is the patron saint of San Lupo in Benevento. 

In celebration, we’re posting a prayer to San Lupo. The accompanying photo of the bust of San Lupo, courtesy of Anthony Scillia, was taken at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in the Marion section of Jersey City, New Jersey. Evviva San Lupo di Troyes!


Prayer to St. Lupus of Troyes


O Glorious St. Lupus of Troyes, Bishop and Confessor, you served God in humility and confidence on earth, now you enjoy His beatific vision in Heaven. Help me to strengthen my faith and protect me in conflict. Obtain for me the grace to live a holy life, so that one day I may join you in the Kingdom of Heaven. Amen