May 20, 2017

The Daily Prayer of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George

Seeing as I try to recite this prayer every day since being invested into the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, I’m not sure why I didn't think to post it sooner. But thanks to a friend who inquired about the prayer (after she read our post about the Malta Walk, which included the Daily Prayer of the Order of Malta), it finally dawned on me to post it now:
Almighty and Merciful Father, King of kings and Lord of lords, in Your immeasurable goodness You have called me into the ranks of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, Your Knight and Martyr. May I never cease to emulate our heavenly patron and with alacrity follow in the footsteps of Your Only-begotten Son, Who is our Alpha and Omega, our Beginning and End.

Impress, O Lord, upon my heart the Sign of Your Holy Cross, and grant that I may bear it honorably and dutifully, in total fealty to You and to the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic and Roman Church, and to the Vicar of your Son. Bless our Grand Master, His Family and Household, and all our Knights and Dames. Imbue me, moreover, with the particular grace of preserving in diligent charity toward my neighbor, and especially to the sick, the needy, and the abandoned.

All this, Heavenly Father, I beg by the power of the Most Holy Cross upon which throne He Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life did reign, and to Whom with You in the life-giving Holy Spirit be ascribed all honor, glory and power, sovereignty and blessing both now and forevermore. Amen.

Most Holy Mother, Virgin most compassionate, who did stand at the Foot of the Cross, pray for us that we may be made worthy of the fruits of Your Son’s Passion, Death and Resurrection.

Saint George, Knight and Martyr, may your sacred witness strengthen and inspire us to be generous in the service of the Most Holy Cross, in whose Sign alone can we conquer.