August 28, 2015

Back For More

Scenes From the 40th Anniversary Feast of Santa Rosalia in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn
Arancini, stuffed with peas and ragù
Photos by New York Scugnizzo
Last night, after work, I decided to stop by the Santa Rosalia Feast one more time before Sunday's procession and Mass. Unable to go on Friday (because I'll be attending the Feast of San Donato in Williamsburg) or Saturday (because I'll be attending the Feast of San Rocco in Astoria) this was going to be my last chance to partake in the festivities and enjoy the delicious Palermitano street fare.
Sfincione, Sicilian focaccia topped with tomatoes, onions and anchovies
Without my Friday Fast restrictionsI was able to enjoy the grilled meats 
Marinated peppers 
I was going to try something different for dessert,
but I couldn't resist having another Baked Iris