October 3, 2023

Venerating Our Lady and Parish Relics at the Shrine Church of St. Bernadette in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn

Image of the Madonna del Rosario di Pompei in the church baptistery
Sunday’s Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii at the Shrine Church of St. Bernadette in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, was so enjoyable, that I felt compelled to go back to the church Monday afternoon to pray the Holy Rosary and venerate Our Lady and the parish relics again. Amazingly, I was not the only one to feel this way and I ran into my dear friend Lucia at the outdoor shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes.

We had to visit San Rocco di Montpellier and

St. Thérèse of Lisieux on the eve of her feast

Precious relic of the True Cross
Relic of St. Bernadette Soubirous
Relics of Saint Anthony of Padua, St. Joseph and St. Rita of Cascia
Relic of St. Gemma Galgani
Relic of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows
Rock from the grotto of Lourdes
Afterward, Lucia and I enjoyed a pleasant lunch and some caffè at nearby Apizza: Dyker Pizza Company on 13th Avenue. I am definitely going back to explore the menu some more.
Menu logo with telephone number and address
Stuffed zucchini flowers
Polpetti
Attempting to not take the simple pleasures in life for granted,
I noticed this interesting gnarled old tree on my walk home