November 1, 2023

November - Month of the Holy Souls: Chaplet of the Holy Souls

Madonna and Child with the Souls 
in Purgatory
 by Luca Giordano

Chaplet of the Holy Souls 

(Prayed on a set of Rosary Beads)


Begin with: The Creed, followed by 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Marys, and 1 Glory Be for the Pope’s intentions.

 

On Large Beads Pray: “O holy souls draw the fire of God’s Love into my soul to reveal Jesus crucified in me, here on earth, rather than hereafter in Purgatory.” 


On Small Beads Pray: “Crucified Lord Jesus have mercy on the souls in Purgatory”


End with: Recite the Glory Be three times. 


Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great 


Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my home and within my family. Amen.