One of the pleasures of the past few days has been receiving photographs from a friend traveling through Naples with his family. Each new picture has offered a brief glimpse into their journey, from the colorful shores of Procida and the treasures of the Museo e Real Bosco di Capodimonte to the old volumes lining the shelves of the Libreria Antiquaria Colonnese.
Most memorable were the photographs from the Chiesa di San Gregorio Armeno, where the relics of Santa Patrizia are venerated. On her feast day, my friend attended Mass and witnessed the miraculous liquefaction of her blood, one of those ancient Neapolitan devotions in which the sacred remains a living presence.
I have greatly enjoyed these little postcards from Napoli and the chance to share in their journey from afar. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
~ By Giovanni di Napoli, September 4th, Feasts of Santa Rosalia and Santa Candida di Napoli
Most memorable were the photographs from the Chiesa di San Gregorio Armeno, where the relics of Santa Patrizia are venerated. On her feast day, my friend attended Mass and witnessed the miraculous liquefaction of her blood, one of those ancient Neapolitan devotions in which the sacred remains a living presence.
I have greatly enjoyed these little postcards from Napoli and the chance to share in their journey from afar. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
~ By Giovanni di Napoli, September 4th, Feasts of Santa Rosalia and Santa Candida di Napoli





















