October 29, 2023

Solemnity of Christ the King

Christ Pantocrator, Cathedral of Monreale, Sicily
The last Sunday of October is the Feast of Christ the King, which celebrates the authority of Our Lord Jesus Christ as King of the cosmos. In celebration, I'm posting A Prayer to Christ the King. The accompanying photo of Christ Pantocrator (Christ Almighty) was taken at the Cathedral of Monreale, Sicily.
A Prayer to Christ the King
O Jesus Christ, I acknowledge you as universal King. All that has been made has been created for You. Exercise all Your rights over me. I renew my Baptismal Vows. I renounce Satan, his pomps and his works; I promise to live as a good Christian. And, in particular do I pledge myself to labor, to the best of my ability, for the triumph of the rights of God and of Your Church. Divine Heart of Jesus, to You do I offer my poor services, laboring that all hearts may acknowledge Your sacred kingship, and that thus the reign of Your peace be established throughout the whole universe. Amen