October 2, 2023

Feast of the Guardian Angels

Guardian Angels, orate pro nobis
October 2nd is the Feast of the Guardian Angels, heavenly spirits assigned to watch over us throughout our lives. In celebration, we're posting a Prayer to Our Guardian Angel. The accompanying photo was taken at the Saint Athanasius School gymnasium in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

Prayer to Our Guardian Angel

O Holy Guardian Angel, my dear friend and solicitous guide on the dangerous way of life, to thee be heartfelt thanks for the numberless benefits which have been granted me through thy love and goodness and for the powerful help by which thou hast preserved me from so many dangers and temptations. I beg of thee, let me further experience thy love and thy care. Avert from me all danger, increase in me horror for sin and love for all that is good. Be a counselor and consoler to me in all the affairs of my life, and when my life draws to a close, conduct my soul through the valley of death into the kingdom of eternal peace, so that in eternity we may together praise God and rejoice in His glory. Through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.