September 23, 2023

Feast of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina

San Pio, ora pro nobis

San Pio's blood stained glove
After my death I will do more. My real mission will begin after my death. ~ Padre Pio
September 23rd is the Feast of Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina, Capuchin friar, Stigmatic and Mystic. Patron saint of adolescents and civil defense volunteers, he is also invoked against stress. In celebration, we're posting a Prayer to St. Pio. The photo of the statue was taken at the now-closed rectory of the Shrine Church of the Most Precious Blood (109 Mulberry Street) in New York City's historic Little Italy. The glove relic was temporarily on display at the church. Evviva San Pio!

Prayer to St. Pio of Pietrelcina

O Glorious Saint Pio, bearing the wounds of Christ you generously accepted your sufferings, and labored faithfully for the good of all souls. Help me to embrace that same attitude of acceptance in my life. With confidence, I ask for your intercession to obtain the grace of (make your request), which I ardently desire. If it is not, however, God's will that this should come to pass, then help me to find serenity and joy in God's choices for me. Amen