February 16, 2024

The "Prayer Before a Crucifix" Lenten Indulgence

The Return Crucifix at the Shrine
Church of the Holy Innocents
Please note well that on Lenten Fridays, a plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who, after Communion, recite the “Prayer before a Crucifix.” 
Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Your face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and implore You to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope, and charity, true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment, while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Your five wounds, pondering over them within me, having in mind the words which David Your prophet said of You, my Jesus: “They pierced My hands and My feet; they numbered all My bones.”

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father. Etc., for the intentions of the Holy Father.