November 16, 2023

Feast of Santa Geltrude la Grande

Santa Geltrude la Grande, ora pro nobis
November 16th is the Feast of Santa Geltrude la Grande (1256–c. 1302), Virgin, Mystic and Benedictine nun. One of many co-patrons of Naples, she was an early devotee of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and is often invoked for the poor and forgotten Souls in Purgatory. In celebration, I’m posting 
The Prayer of St. Gertrude. Given to her in a vision by Our Lord Jesus Christ, it is believed every time this powerful prayer is prayed with heartfelt devotion souls are released from Purgatory. Pictured is my makeshift shrine. Evviva Santa Geltrude!

The Prayer of St. Gertrude 

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.